Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Perhaps I've Gone Postal & Renovation on the Mind

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I love finding things; rusty things dusty things, all kinds of things & nothing specific. What most folks would most likely consider trash, I consider as treasure. Call me crazy, call me weird, call me whatever. Maybe I've gone Postal! I kind of think I may have been a Pirate in a previous life. For me finding something appealing whatever it may be is  kind of like getting a great deal on something at the store. Kind of gives me a high of sorts. Start The Car!

Beach Finds Unfortunately this tiny Starfish had passed away!



 Rusty Dusty Beach Finds a New Home in my Garden


And yes that is a bone too! Not sure from what but I found it in the woods in my backyard.


We've been starting to kick around some ideas for renovating our office, main bath & master bedroom but not sure which room will be renovated first or last or when any of it will all happen. But part of our office renovations includes moving the armoire from the office into the downstairs guest bedroom and so hubby and I slowly & carefully did that. But to fit the armoire into the guest bedroom we needed to get rid of the existing built in cabinets so we did that too. But when we removed them, we noticed that they had been installed before painting so now there was an 80's/90's hunter green outline on the wall. And while I'm so not ready to re-do this guest room yet, I do want to make it somewhat decent for future guests. Eventually hoping to rip out the Hunter Green carpet and re-paint a different colour but for now planning to re-paint the existing colour on the hunter green border as well as any damaged areas. It's kind of an off white with pinkish undertones to it, but will have to do for now cause I'm just not ready!
Gotta love it when one project  leads to another...

Here'a a pic of our guest bedroom when we purchased the house. Looks like it belongs in the 90's or 80's or even earlier don't ya think?


And here's a pic of the room cupboard free. Oh and I have a Hunter Green window shade which doesn't work properly either. 
Hubby has been plastering & fixing up the damaged dry wall but you can still see the remains of the Hunter Green outline. 



No comments:

Post a Comment