Monday, June 8, 2015

The Rare One That Got Away & Heat Pumps


Ever hear the story about the fish that got away? Well today was one of those days but it was a perfect pic that got away and not a fish!
While hubby and I were puttering around outside, hubby spotted a deer on our front lawn, but by the time we went to check it out, Daddy Deer had ran down the road and disappeared. But then we spotted Mama Deer & Baby Deer by the mailboxes on the roadside. Hubby ran in to get his camera but I scared them away before he could get a pic. They were so close to the road and I was afraid they were gonna run in front of a car that was ripping down the street. It was the coolest thing ever cause they were so close and baby deer was a white one and I have never seen a white deer before! Hubby did manage to get a pic in the distance shortly after, but if I had a camera I could have gotten a super close up pic! Some of the high school kids walking back to school after lunch were calling it an Albino Deer, but I what I learned from the Internet is that it was a rare genetic variation called a piebald deer. 
Have you ever seen a white deer? This one was the cutest thing ever! Hope I'll get to see it again to get a better pic!



Got our heat pump installed last Friday. Seems like these are all the rage here in Nova Scotia. Really didn't hear much about them in Ontario, perhaps cause we had access to natural gas which is a whole lot cheaper way to heat your house. We have no access to natural gas where we are & rely on electric baseboard heaters to heat our home, so hoping this will bring the hydro costs down. Apparently these heat pumps also help to keep your home cool in the summer. If you want to learn more about Heat Pumps my link will give you a bit of info about them.

This is what the Heat Pump looks like on the inside.



And this is a view of the Heat Pump from the outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment