Friday, May 15, 2015

Achieving Balance, Dandelions & Painting with Chihuahuas

I don't know about you, but I often struggle with finding balance in my life. No I'm not talking about standing upright or balancing on one foot or anything like that. I'm referring to finding a balance of spending time on a variety of tasks & fun stuff  I want to do it all and despite having just as many hours in a day as anyone else, I never seem to get my too do stuff all done. Oh there are so many things that I want & need to do like exercise, bike ride, go for walks with Penny L, clean the house, do laundry, work in the yard, enter contests, coupon, shop, read, research and blog, the list goes on and on ...

Although I have a difficult time focusing, once I do get focused on something, I get totally obsessed with completing the task and neglect doing other things. And right now I'm obsessed with digging dandelions out of the lawn, as fun as that may sound! (Yeah unfortunately there are dandelions in Nova Scotia!)
In fact I've had to limit myself to digging out just one bucket a day weather permitting, otherwise I would be out there digging from morning till night!
After all a bucket a day keeps the doctor away right? Oh right that expression is solely for apples and it's just one apple and not a whole bucket of them!

While hubby worked on installing the downstairs bath tub surround, I primed the old vanity. Well Penny L insisted on helping out. She took great interest in the paint roller as well as the foam brush and so this is what painting with a chihuahua looks like! Didn't read anything about painting with chihuahua's in Chihuahua's For Dummies! Perhaps that's a chapter that will be added to a new revised edition!


Painting Chihuahua Style



My one overflowing bucket of Daily Dandelions! 




Oh by the way, downstairs bath & surround are fully installed & functional. Walls are being prepped for painting and flooring is here and waiting to be installed. And a gym friend who lives in the neighbourhood stopped in while walking her dog and she is gonna loan me her dandelion puller. I wonder if I'll be able to fill my bucket faster. Maybe I should increase my daily dose of dandelions to two buckets! 




Although indoor renovation continues, gardening is also on the go. Hubby has been digging up a patch of grass in the backyard to create a veggie/herb garden. Got the railway ties for free from the other side of the fence in No Man's Land! 


No comments:

Post a Comment