Monday, February 9, 2015

Needed Some Familiarity in an Unfamiliar Place

I love going on vacation and travelling to far away places, but it also always feels good to come home. Well it hit me the other day that I was NOT on vacation and I was NOT going back to my home of 30 plus years. And I began to miss the familiarity of my old house, all the familiar nooks and crannies, the familiar noises and even the familiar stuff that often bothered me. I just plainly missed the familiarity in my unfamiliar space! Thankfully hubby got around to hanging up some art in our new space which made it feel more like a home instead of just a house. Here's a peak at some of our art! Walls haven't been painted yet but that will happen after we get a better feel of the spaces.





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely chest! And the paintings of the houses are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the chest comes from the Congo at a time when The Democratic Republic of Congo was called The Belgian Congo.

      Delete