Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New Gym & A Splash of Colour

Those of you who know me, know I have been going to the same gym for a very long time. Not as long as I was in my old house but double digits in years for sure. And one of the most difficult things in this whole move was saying Goodbye to my old gym and all the friends that I made there over the years. Yes the friends part was definitely the hardest part! So two weeks to the day that I last visited my old gym, I decided it was time to join a new one. No not all of the boxes have been unpacked nor is everything where it should be, but it was time to get back to routine and normal life. So Monday morning with a bit of trepidation and uncertainty, I got a free trial pass to a GoodLife fitness centre. Initially I decided I didn't like it, it felt strange and all the friendly faces I looked forward to seeing on my Y days were missing. I decided to do some different stuff than my regular routine. Doing the exact same stuff was just way too hard emotionally and made me miss my old gym even more! Tried a Combat class, definitely not for me and even the name turned me off. And then there was Gentle Fit, which I was sure was going to be a Wussy class. Well that class turned out to be anything but Wussy and I went back again today. Also went to Zumba which turned out to be a lot of fun even though I fumbled through the moves. And best part is, I now know 5 people by name, 2 instructors and 3 members. Hope I will remember their names next time we meet! Yes I'm going back! 

Oh and here's a quick pic of a splash of colour that we added to our front door window. Looking forward to seeing the sun shining through the coloured glass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment