Friday, February 27, 2015

These Boots are made for walking & more

Whoever invented these boot/shoe grips is a genius! A majority of my 45 min walk home from the gym today was on solid ice. I honestly don't know how I would have made it home without my priceless grips. Surely I would have taken a tumble or two or even three and who knows what I would have broken. 
Mind you even if I didn't injure myself or break any bones, I would have been terribly embarrassed lying on the sidewalk with my feet up in the air! So yes these boot grips are my new best friend & staying on as long the sidewalks remain icy & snow covered. Being fashionable will just have to wait for the spring! 
Speaking of taking a tumble, a funny thing happened to me at the gym the other day. Kind of funny for me but not for the fella who the story is about. First day back at the gym and a man hopped onto the elliptical machine beside me and next thing you know he is lying at my feet. Never had a man fall for me before!  It happened so quickly, thought he was having a heart attack but I guess he just got his feet tangled up between the foot rests. Other than a gash on his leg and probably some soreness & stiffness to come, he was fine. I'm sure his pride was wounded more than his body. Been there and done that but that is a story for perhaps another day! 


First shipment of our new appliances is set to arrive this afternoon. Keeping myself busy while I not so patiently wait for their arrival. Doesn't take much to excite this girl.
Yay my washer & dryer have arrived but Boo I won't be able to set them up yet as planned as the stacker kit didn't come in yet. Means I need to be even more patient.

And one more thing; one of our traditions in our old house was Pizza Night Fridays and that's one tradition that definitely remains Would you like a slice?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can't take credit for making it LOL but I can take credit for eating it! Hubby made it!

      Delete