Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More Snow Penny sitting & Smoke Alarm

So Penny Lane is learning how to sit. But she is also definitely showing her Chihuahua personality; really need to get back to reading Chihuahua's For Dummies so we are on the same page! 



So another significant amount of snow fell throughout the night; enough for hubby to have to get the snow blower out once again. That's nothing new I know! Thinking it might be the New Normal though and at this rate I'm think we'd be lucky to get rid of all the white stuff by June. 
Well what is something new for me is seeing folks shoveling off their roofs. Although it's mostly flat roofs that are being cleared, have seen a few sloped ones in the neighbourhood being cleared too. Seriously if shoveling a driveway isn't enough! Guess some are worried & fearful that their roofs might collapse; have seen business & schools closed because of this concern. 

Pretty ain't it NOT! 


 So my community postal box surprised me with the key to open a bigger postal box once again. Figured it was another prize win and it was. Prize was a smoke alarm from a blog contest. Entered it cause although we have smoke alarms, seeing how yellowed they are I'm guessing they're pretty old, maybe even original to the house. So purchasing new ones was on my list but since I won one only need to purchase 1 now instead of 2. Well anyway not sure why this prize had to be in a bigger box cause apparently it's the world's smallest smoke alarm. And I'm believing it is; never saw a smoke alarm so tiny, fits in the palm of my hand much like Penny Lane did when we first got her. Oh and my smoke alarm has a name too; it's called The Atom and it's made by First Alert. You can check it out if you're so inclined and if you want to learn more about it.

So I won me another contest yesteday. Well it's not a completely free prize but it's 50 % off of hair/esthetics services at a hair styling place & it's on my way home from the gym. Considering I haven't had my hair cut since I left my old hometown, I'd say I'm way overdue for a haircut. So I stopped by today and booked me an appointment. And if  I like what they do to me, maybe I'll share a photo. And if I don't, well it's just hair and it will grow back!



No comments:

Post a Comment